Can You See Him?
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything (James 1:2-4).
A friend asked me, “Where have you seen God in this situation?”
The situation was an attack by the nurse manager of the home health agency that had been seeing me for more than five years. In three days’ she dropped me from their service and left me without help. The fourth day a state social worker showed up to evaluate my care in my home.
1) I remained calm because God had prepared me for such a loss. In fact, my sister and I had just discussed this scenario the weekend before. As A voice of one crying in the desert (Mark 1:3).
2) God has placed a loving, powerful, Christian husband at my side—most of the time he stands in front of me. And the two shall become one flesh (Mark 10:8).
3) God has girded me with the support of strong Christian friends and family. Bear one another’s burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2).
4) God is daily providing all that I need. But my God shall provide all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
5) He has given me peace. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds (Philippians 4:7).
Will you stand with me in this prayer?
Father, You know my heart. You know my wishes and my needs. You alone are my Rock and I lay myself before you humble and broken. Lord, I lift up this situation to you and pray your will be done. I pray blessings over all who seek to harm and protection for those who support me. In Jesus name, Amen
For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets (Amos 3:7).
In Christ Alone,